For a Start-up standalone college, We at “PISA – Papni School of Architecture are already well equipped for a full term of 5 years.
- A standalone college for architecture
- Located within Chennai City limits
- 60 minute drive from the Chennai International Airport
- 15 minute drive from Kanchipuram Railway station
- 60 minute drive from Chennai Moffusil Bus Terminus
- 24×7 security staff; all time CCTV surveillance
- Relaxing cafeteria inside the campus offering delicious snacks and meals.
- Wi-Fi enabled Hi-Tech campus
- Exposure to construction techniques with understanding with L&T lab near to college.
- First-aid facility and nursing facility for immediate health services in the case of mishappening. Tie up with nearby hospitals to provide timely care to the students and staff.
Design and drawing classes are conducted in studios. There are 5 Studios which have well-equipped drafting tables. The studios are spacious, brightly lit to suit not only designing and drawing but also to facilitate the review of students work and group discussions. Studios are equipped display panels, Pinup boards fitted to the side walls.
CADD Lab with 40 configured computers with inspirational software platforms like Autodesk Revit, Autodesk 3Ds Max, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, and Google Sketchup. Adobe Corel draw, Adobe Premier, Adobe Flash, Adobe reader, etc. and also provide plotting facilities.
We also facilitate the students with qualified professionals to guide the students in learning and guiding the software in extended times beyond Acadamic hours. We also offer Autodesk certified training programme on various software tools.
The library has open-access system to enable the students to liberally select books of their choice and to read. We provide more than 1000 volumes of architectural books, 8 national and 5 international journals available for the students to refer.
Our college library has been equipped with e – journals along with reprographic facilities.
Climatic information of the place is an important parameter to design a space applied in the design of buildings. Hence climatology form an important part of the curriculum of the B. Arch programme.
We teach climatology effectively and practically through climate deducting modern instruments. In this lab there are instruments to measure temperature, humidity, wind speed, and lighting etc.
A variety of building materials are used in the construction of buildings. New building materials are introduced to the market almost daily. In order to update the student’s knowledge on buildings materials, and their application in construction, samples of building material, along with literature are collected and displayed in the material museum. Material samples are being added periodically.
To design a space in a site, it is very essential to understand the topographical factors and other physical constraints present in the site. Hence Site Analysis is one of the core subject in Architecture and it is essential for each and every student to study the site practically.
Our institution is indulged keenly in teaching a student practically by surveying the site with the Survey Materials.
Air-conditioned AV Hall
An Air-conditioned Audio visual hall consisting of Projector is existing to conduct important functions and also for presentation of guest lectures by practicing architects and other professionals.
A Construction yard of 200 square meters is available within the campus, where hands on workshops on building construction techniques will be conducted. Such a yard gives ample opportunity for the students to experiment with various building materials and building construction technology. This yard is also connected with L&T Research Centre providing an additional knowledge for the students on construction techniques.
Models are the conscious use of skill and creative imagination especially in production of aesthetic objects. It is a Personal creative power endowed to an individual. An amalgamation of skill and imagination yields artistic creativity. The model making workshop aims at providing inspiring guidance, techniques and approaches in various mediums to the students. It facilitates a platform for established as well as creative knowledge, to mark their presence in the field of work. Our experienced and competent team of faculty members help each student to achieve his true potential. Professionalism is inculcated in students by our esteemed faculty.
- PISA is a non-alcoholic, no smoking zone
- Ragging is prohibited in & off campus and is a serious offence
Affiliation and Approvals
- Approved by authorized government agencies (AICTE, Council Of Architecture, New Delhi)
- Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
- AC bus facility to all parts of Chennai & Kanchipuram
- Totally digital teaching – learning environment (Smart Classrooms)
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty
- Personality development programs as part of curriculum
- Co-curricular workshops by visiting experts for industrial exposure
- Curriculum designed to suite industry demands
Internship & Training
- Internships in India and abroad
- Regular Field visits, case study trips and guest lectures
- Weekly mural activities such as performing arts, crafts, personality development, etc
- Yearly study tours and excursion trips
- Independent Clubs for vast exposure and independent skill development